Inner Oakham Zones D, L, N & S, & Uppingham Zone Residents Parking Permits
Who qualifies for a residents permit?
Residents of Oakham D, L, N & S Zones and Uppingham who live within the designated residents parking permit areas, do not have off-street parking available to them and who keep and use a car or a van (not exceeding 3500 kilograms gross vehicle weight) on a full-time permanent basis will normally qualify for a permit. The permit scheme is not open to businesses.
How many permits can I have?
- Properties of Oakham can have up to 2 permits
- Properties of Uppingham can have up to 2 permits
The eligibility criteria will have to be met for each permit issued.
The property would need to be within the areas which are within the resident permit schemes. Refer to street list on each form.
If a property has private spaces, the amount of spaces available will influence the amount of permits granted. Permits will not be issued if a drive or garage space is being occupied by other things than vehicles. If a garage is smaller than 2.4m x 4.8m, the Council will investigate if it could be not considered.
All applications are considered according to the numbered criteria on the top of the permit application forms - please refer to this.
Note for disabled persons badge (blue badge) holders
If you have a disabled persons blue badge you can park in the residents/dual use bays for as as long as you wish.
How to use your permit
All permits must be displayed clearly in the windscreen of the vehicle.
What the permit allows you to do
The permit will let you park in any parking spaces which are reserved for permit holders in the Zones for which you have a valid permit. These spaces will be signed.
How to apply
Application forms can be downloaded for printing and are also available from our Customer Services team.
If you wish to submit your application via email, please print and complete the application form. Scan and attach the completed application form along with the other relevant documents and email to email@example.com. Once we have received your application we will contact you by telephone to take a debit card payment. Applications will only be processed once payment has been received.
Your duties as a permit holder
It is your duty to ensure:
- Your permit is valid
- Your permit has not expired
- That the registration number is correct
- Your permit is used in accordance with the conditions of issue
Renewing your permit
You will be responsible for renewing your permit:
- If your permit expires. Residents permits are valid for one year.
- If you change your vehicle - send in the old permit with your new DVLA vehicle registration document to the address below.
Withdrawal of a Permit
A permit may be withdrawn or invalidated if:
- It is found that a permit is not being used in accordance with these guidelines
- It is found that a person is no longer eligible to hold a permit
- The permit is altered or defaced in anyway or passed to unauthorised users
Charges for permits
- The administration charge for each new or renewed permit is £40
- There is an administration charge of £40 for every variation or replacement of any permit
- Permits charge may increase
Oakham Zone A Parking Permits
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Oakham Barleythorpe Road car park resident season tickets
Please email email@example.com - a waiting list is in force.
Outer Oakham zones permits:
E (Edmonton Way and cul-de-sacs)
V (Vicarage Road and cul-de-sacs)
C (Cricket Lawns and cul-de-sacs)