Resident parking areas are controlled parking schemes where a street or area has parking organised in a way to help residents park their vehicles.
They are provided in areas where vehicles which don't belong to residents make this difficult.
Blue Badge holders can park without time limit in Rutland's on-street resident bays.
There are several schemes operating in Oakham and Uppingham. Oakham schemes are listed below. For Uppingham schemes please refer to Resident Parking Permits webpage.
Zone A - Monday to Saturday, 8am to 6pm
- Barlow Road
- Finkey Street
- Deans Street
Only residents of the warden-controlled sheltered housing on Barlow Road, Finkey Street & Deans Street can apply.
Zone C - Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm
Single yellow lines are restricted Monday to Saturday, 8am to 5pm.
- Cricket Lawns
- Bowling Green Close
- The Dell
- The Vale
- Mountpleasant, Uppingham Road
Zone D - at any time
Holders of this permit can also park in ZONE N.
Zone E - Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm (Alberta Estate)
- Edmonton Way
- Calgary Crescent
- Camrose Close
- Banff Close
- Claresholm Crescent
- Jasper Road
- Lethbridge Close
Zone L - Monday to Saturday, 8am to 6pm Long Row
Zone N - Monday to Saturday, 8am to 6pm (Oakham North)
- Barlow Road
- Burley Road (up to & incl. no.41)
- Deans Street (restricted at any time)
- Finkey Street
- Station Road
Zone S - Monday to Saturday, 8am to 6pm (Oakham South)
- Brooke Road (up to and including number 65)
- John Street & Providence Chapel
- Penn Street
- South Street
- New Street
- Crown Street
- Crown Gardens
Zone V - Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm (Vicarage Road Estate)
- Vicarage Road
- Peterborough Avenue
- St Peters Close
- St Albans Close
- Lodge Gardens
Inner Zone Oakham - Monday to Saturday 8am to 6pm
If you hold a Zone N or S permit and live on a street which is listed in bold, you can also park in the 1 hour limited bays on any street listed next to your street name:
- High Street - limited waiting bays on High Street
- Crown Walk – limited waiting bays on Mill Street and High Street
- The Maltings - limited waiting bays on Mill Street and Catmose Street
- Mill Street - limited waiting bays on Mill Street and Catmose Street
- Catmose Street - limited waiting bays on Mill Street and Catmose Street
- Westgate Street / Melton Road - limited waiting bays on Northgate or High Street
- Church Street (number 3, Flat 5 at number 3, Flat above Public House at no.12, no.18A) - limited waiting bays on Church Street
- Gaol Street - limited waiting bays on High Street
- Market Place - limited waiting bays on High Street and Market Place (when there's no market)
- Market Street - limited waiting bays on High Street and Market Place (when there's no market)
This arrangement is monitored to make sure that residential parking in the 1 hour limited waiting bays does not harm local business needs.
If you have any questions about resident's parking areas, you can email the Parking Services team: