Home > My Business > Licensing > Licences and conditions > Alcohol and entertainment

Alcohol and entertainment

The Licensing Act 2003 transferred responsibility for licensing the sale and supply of alcohol from courts to local councils. Many other activities which previously had their own licence and licensing conditions were all brought under one licence known as a Premises Licence.

For small scale or one-off activities, there is a Temporary Event Notice.

It also introduced a Personal Licence which authorises a named person as being suitable to sell alcohol or to authorise others to sell alcohol on licensed premises.

You will need to create an on-line account with the Disclosure and Barring Service in order to apply for a Basic Disclosure Certificate as part of your application for a personal licence. Click on the useful link to the right.

Temporary Event Notice (TEN)

Rutland County Council and Peterborough City Council work in partnership to provide the Licensing service.

You can apply and pay online for a temporary event notice in the Rutland area using the Peterborough City Council online service.

Apply/Pay online for a temporary event notice

Please note we no longer accept paper or email applications for TENs

Application forms

You will find copies of all our application forms below. These are the forms that must be used when making an application.

Completed forms and any accompanying documents should be sent to:

Rutland County Council

Rutland LE15 6HP

Email: licensing@rutland.gov.uk

Applications for new premises licences must also be sent to the following Responsible Authorities as specified on the application forms.


Licensing Department
Leicestershire Police 
Mansfield House 
74 Belgrave Gate 
 LE1 3GG

Email: licensing@leicestershire.pnn.police.uk

Environmental Health
 Rutland County Council

Rutland LE15 6HP

Email: environmentalhealth@rutland.gov.uk

Fire Authority
Community Risk Management
LFRS Headquarters
12 Geoff Monk Way

Email: licensing@lfrs.org

Public Health
Public Health Department
Leicestershire County Council
County Hall

Email: PHlicensing@leics.gov.uk

Home Office (Immigration Enforcement)
Alcohol Licensing Team
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road

Email: Alcohol@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Payment should be included along with your application form. Please make cheques payable to Rutland County Council.

Statement of Licensing Policy

This policy explains how Rutland County Council as the Licensing Authority will carry out its role under the Act. It covers many areas including licensing hours, temporary event notices and enforcement details.

View our Statement of Licensing Policy