Petroleum and explosives licences
It is an offence to keep explosives (except fireworks for private use) on premises not registered or licensed for the purpose.
Individuals can store up to 5kg of fireworks for private use, for less than 14 days, provided they are kept in a safe place.
Suppliers of fireworks in Rutland, irrespective of the storage period, must be registered / licensed, with the Council, for the storage of explosives in accordance with the Explosives Act 1875, or the Control of Explosives Regulations 1991 and the Keeping of Fireworks Order 1959 as applicable.
The registration of fireworks storage is subject to prescribed fees:
- Store licence application: £178
- Store licence renewal: £85
- Registration of premises for the supply of fireworks: £620
- Renewal of registration for the supply of fireworks: £35
- Transfer/variation/replacement: £35