We have powers to remove abandoned vehicles.
To report an abandoned vehicle online, register or log in to MyAccount.
An abandoned vehicle is likely to have at least one of these characteristics:
- be in poor condition - has sustained accident damage, is burnt out or vandalised, has flat tyres, missing parts, broken windows
- has not been moved for a long period of time
- has no tax or MOT
- is not secure
There may be legitimate reasons why a car has been left somewhere for a long period of time, for example:
- the owner's visiting relatives
- the owner's sick or in hospital
- the owner's on holiday
- the vehicle's broken down
If a vehicle's parked dangerously or is causing an obstruction, report this to the police.