Why become a councillor?
People choose to become councillors for a variety of reasons - you may:
- have specific skills and knowledge outlined in this guide that you'd like to use to benefit your community
- already be part of local organisation and feel that becoming a councillor would be a natural progression
- feel strongly about a particular issue or the well-being of your community as a whole and would like the opportunity to influence decision making on these issues and others
- see yourself as a good spokesperson for your community and feel you could represent the views of the people living in your area
- want to pursue political beliefs