In-year admission is when a child who's not starting primary or secondary school for the first time needs to transfer from one school to another.
Our In-year Admissions Brochure sets out the application process and gives information about Rutland schools.
When you contact schools to ask about applying for a place, they must give you the option to submit an application form. The school's admission authority must then respond to your application in writing within 15 school days.
If they cannot offer your child a place, they must:
- offer you the right to appeal
- explain how to appeal
- offer you the chance to put your child's name on their waiting list, if they operate one
It's important to get written confirmation if your child is refused a place - you may need this to get school transport to a different school.
In-year places at Rutland secondary schools are very limited. If you are a resident in Rutland and looking for an in-year place at a Rutland secondary school, we advise that you submit an application to all three Rutland schools. If all three schools decline a place to your child, please contact the admissions service for further information and advice.
If you want to apply for an in-year place, you need to submit your application to the admission authority for your preferred school. Who the admission authority is depends on the type of school.
For academies, the academy trust is the admission authority - you can find in-year application forms on the school's website:
- Brooke Hill Academy: Brooke Road, Oakham LE15 6HQ - 01572 724 214
- Catmose Primary School: Sandringham Close, Oakham LE15 6SH - 01572 723 187
- Cottesmore Academy: Kendrew Barracks, Cottesmore LE15 7BL - 01572 812 278
- Edith Weston Academy: Weston Road, Edith Weston LE15 8HQ - 01780 720 025
- Empingham CE Primary School: School Lane, Empingham LE15 8PQ - 01780 460 246
- English Martyrs Catholic Academy: Willow Crescent, Oakham LE15 6EH - 01572 722 400
- Exton & Greetham CE Primary School: Garden Road, Exton LE15 8AY - 01572 812 380
- Great Casterton CE Primary School: Pickworth Road, Great Casterton PE9 4AU - 01780 762 417
- Ketton CE Primary School: High Street, Ketton PE9 3TE - 01780 720 301
- Langham CE Primary School: Burley Road, Langham LE15 7HY - 01572 722 676
- Leighfield Primary School: Newtown Road, Uppingham LE15 9TS - 01572 823 489
- Oakham CE Primary School: Burley Road, Oakham LE15 6GY - 01572 722404
- Ryhall CE Academy: Church Street, Ryhall PE9 4HR - 01780 762 447
- St Nicholas CE Primary School: Mill Lane, Cottesmore LE15 7DL - 01572 812337
- Uppingham CE Primary School: Belgrave Road, Uppingham LE15 9RT - 01572 823245
- Whissendine CE Primary: Main Street, Whissendine LE15 7ET - 01664 474695
- Casterton College: Ryhall Road, Great Casterton PE9 4AT - 01780 762168
- Catmose College: Huntsmans Drive, Oakham LE15 6RP - 01572 770066
- Uppingham Community College: London Road, Uppingham LE15 9TJ - 01572 823631
Voluntary aided schools
For voluntary aided schools, the governing body is the admission authority - you can find their in-year application form on their website:
Out of county schools
If you want to apply for an in-year place at a school in another county, you'll need to contact the relevant council for information on how to apply.