The closing date for submitting your application for a place at secondary school for September 2023 has now passed.
You can still apply, but your application will be treated as 'late' - this means we'll process your application after those received on time.
You'll need to print and return our Secondary School Application Form - the online admissions portal for secondary school applications is now closed. If you'd like us to send you a form through the post, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01572 722 577.
Each local authority is responsible for coordinating secondary school admissions for children living in their area. This means:
- if you live in Rutland but want to apply to a school that's in a different county - you should submit your application to us
- if you live in a different county but want to apply for a place in a Rutland secondary school - you should submit your application to the council where you live (check your council's website for details)
Secondary School Admissions Brochure
To help you through the application process, our Secondary School Admissions Brochure:
- explains the process in detail
- has information about Rutland's secondary schools
- tells you where you can find more information
It's important to read the brochure before you submit your application, so:
- you're aware of your preferred school's admission arrangements (policy)
- you can check eligibility for school transport
- you can make sure you include the right information with your application
You can submit three preferences of secondary school. We strongly encourage you to use all three preferences, so your child has the best opportunity to get an offer at a preferred school.
Submitting a second and third preference in no way affects your chances of receiving an offer at your first preference school.
National offer day
National offer day is when offers of places are sent to all parents across the country - this will be on 1 March 2023.
If you apply online, you'll be able to view your offer on the Admissions Portal from 12.01am on 1 March 2023. You'll also receive an email on offer day, giving information about the school your child's been offered.
If you apply using the paper application form, your offer will be posted out first class on offer day.
Private and independent schools
If you're planning to send your child to a private or independent school, you do not need to apply to us - contact the school direct.
Please let us know if you apply for a place at a private or independent school so we can update your child's details.
Contact our admissions service
If you have any questions about the starting secondary school admissions process, please contact our admissions service:
Call: 01572 722 577