If you think a child is in immediate danger call 999 and ask for the police.
We need you to report any concerns you may have about child abuse or child neglect.
Please look and listen out for signs that may indicate neglect or abuse:
- very young children being left on their own
- children looking dirty or not changing their clothes
- children are withdrawn or anxious
- aggressive or repeated shouting
- sounds of hitting or banging and things being broken
- children crying for long periods of time
- relatives denied access to talk to children by phone or video call
If you think something is wrong, please tell us straight away so we can check.
To report concerns about children’s welfare:
Call: 01572 758 407
Open: Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 5pm and Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
Outside of these hours, call: 0116 305 0005