Our financial crisis fund may be able to help you in the event of a crisis, emergency or disaster. The fund is managed by Rutland Citizen’s Advice Bureau on our behalf.
To get financial crisis funding you must:
- live in Rutland
- be able to prove you’re experiencing a severe financial crisis that will affect the health and wellbeing of you and/or your family if you don’t get any help
Some examples of when financial crisis funding can be paid:
- if you’re escaping from domestic abuse and you can’t access any money to buy food and essential items
- a fire or flood has destroyed essential items in your home, and you have no money to replace the items
- you were homeless and can’t access any money to buy essential items for your new home
Some examples of when financial crisis funding won’t be paid:
- you have alternative funds available
- you’re living beyond your means
How to apply
Download and complete the application form – you’ll need to give as much detail about your situation as possible. You may be asked to provide evidence to support your application.