Always call 999 if you think someone is in immediate danger.
We need you to report any concerns you may have about an adult.
Please look and listen out for signs that may indicate neglect or abuse:
- becoming quiet and withdrawn
- being aggressive or angry for no obvious reason
- looking unkempt, dirty or thinner than usual
- sudden changes in their character, such as appearing helpless, depressed or tearful
- physical signs – such as bruises, wounds, fractures or other untreated injuries
- the same injuries happening more than once
- not wanting to be left by themselves, or alone with particular people
- being unusually lighthearted and insisting there's nothing wrong
If the person's not in immediate danger, you can tell us by contacting our safeguarding and prevention team:
Call: 01572 758341
Open: Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 5pm and Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm
When our offices are closed, call our out of hours adult social care service: 0116 305 0005.