What to expect during the assessment
As part of your assessment, you will be asked questions about:
- your health
- your needs and how they impact on your wellbeing
- any risks to you
- how you manage day to day
- what you feel is important to you
- what you are finding more difficult now
- your important relationships
- what outcomes you'd like to achieve from your assessment
Your assessor will contact you (or your representative) to organise an appointment to complete the assessment. This could be face to face, over the phone or though a video call - it's your choice.
As part of your assessment, we'll give you information, advice and guidance about things that could help prevent your care needs from becoming more serious.
Our aim is to get a full picture of the support you need.
After completing your assessment, your assessor will look at whether you are eligible or not for support.