Rutland Library Service provides libraries in Oakham, Uppingham, Ketton and Ryhall. Our mobile library visits villages in Rutland fortnightly.
It's FREE to join the library and everyone is welcome.
As well as a wide range of fiction and non-fiction books, our services include information, internet access, eBooks, music CDs, DVDs, local history, and children's storytimes & events, and quality online reference resources (many available from home)... follow the links below and to the left to find out more. Photocopying and fax facilities are available at all libraries except the Mobile Library.
There are small charges for some of our services. See our Library Charges page for more details.
for library members
We currently share a Library computer system with Leicestershire.
New library computer system
Please be aware that Rutland Library Services will be implementing a new library computer system in early March as part of a consortium of East Midlands library authorities that include:
· Nottingham City
· Derby City
Benefits to Rutland library members
· Savings on subscriptions we pay every year to use the system
· New look online library catalogue—and an online catalogue for children
· Longer term potential for Rutland residents to borrow books from these neighbouring authorities using a single library card.
· Longer term potential to reserve books from neighbouring authorities, delivered to your local library
Disruption to services during the changeover
· No new books and DVDs will be added to stock from Monday 12 January until Tuesday 31 March.
· The book reservation and renewal facility will not be available from Friday 20 February until Wednesday 4 March.
· No books or DVDs etc. will be due back between Sunday 22 February and Monday 16 March.
· The 24/7 phone line will be discontinued from Friday 20 February.
· Limited service will be available in libraries from Friday 20 February until Wednesday 4 March.
Data Protection Statement: From March 2015 staff from other library authorities within the consortium will have access to library members’ data. All data is managed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. If you have any questions about any of the above, please speak to a member of the library staff, or email email@example.com
Find all of our Books, CDs, DVDs,
Search for children's stock on our new Children's Catalogue
Renew and Reserve Books
Contact us to obtain a PIN.
After login, this link will take you directly to your 'checkouts' page.
(Library card & PIN required)
(Over 18's only)
If you need an item that is not on the catalogue, then please contact us. There may be a charge for obtaining the item, see our Library Charges page for more details.
Comments and Enquiries
Do you have an enquiry we can help you with, or need an item that is not on our catalogue? Contact Us to let us know.
'Ask a Librarian' is a 24 hours a day, 7 days a week real-time/email Reference Enquiry service.
Contact Rutland Libraries:
Tel: 01572 722918
Fax: 01572 724906
Local & Family History enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Compliments, Comments and Complaints