Home > Development Control > Make a High Hedge Complaint

High Hedge Legislation

New legislation came into force on 1st June 2005 which enables the Local Authority to consider applications to reduce the height of evergreen hedges which are causing a nuisance.

A complaint can be made where:

1. The hedge consists of two or more evergreen or semi-evergreen trees or shrubs in a line

2. The hedge is more than 2m in height

3. The hedge stands on land owned by someone else

All reasonable steps should be taken to try and resolve the dispute by agreement before involving the Council.

Indeed, a formal complaint to the Council should be seen as the measure of last resort.

A fee has been set at £386 to submit a complaint.

If, after further consideration, you decide that you have no alternative other than submitting a formal complaint, please use the application forms and guidance notes below:




    Sorry, feed temporarily unavailable