Customer Care Standards
We want to provide as high a standard of customer service as possible whenever you contact us.
You can view/download a copy of our Customer Care Standards (pdf file).
A dedicated Customer Services Centre (CSC) was opened in 2004 and has been continually developed with the following objectives in mind;
- To ensure it is easy to contact us by providing convenient access channels (telephone, visiting in person, email/web) to council services
- To ensure our Customer Service Advisor's are courteous and professional at all times
- To provide an efficient service to you
- To present our services in an environment that reflects the Councils' standards of Customer Care
- To promote good relationships between the Council and its customers
Key Performance Targets
We recognise that every person who contacts us is an individual with their own specific enquiry and we want to ensure we devote due care and attention to each person. However to ensure that we can provide good and improving standards of customer care we set our team annual service level performance targets.
Customer Satisfaction Rating – we have set ourselves a target for Customer Satisfaction for 2008 of 60%, within the overall strategic aim of improving the level of customer satisfaction with Rutland County Council services to 90% by 2012.
- We aim to answer your telephone call within 5 rings (15 seconds).
- We aim to attend to you at our Customer Services Desk within 5 minutes.
- We aim to respond to your telephone message or voicemail within 1 working day.
- We will provide a dedicated Customer Services Team at our main Council offices who will aim to resolve your enquiry at the first point of contact in 80% of instances by Telephone and in 90% of instances at our Customer Services Desk.
- We aim to respond to your letter or email with a full reply with 5 working days. If this is not possible we aim to acknowledge your e mail within 1 day or letter within 2 working days and provide a full response within 10 working days.
VISITING THE MAIN COUNCIL OFFICES
- We will create a welcoming atmosphere in our Customer Services Centre.
- We will provide an interview room to discuss your enquiry in private if you prefer.
VISITING YOU IN YOUR HOME
- Where appropriate and possible, visits will be made by pre-arrangement with you and we will make every effort to notify you of any changes to a pre-arrangement.
- Our Officers will always carry a Security badge and will show this to you before entering your premises.
- Our Officers will recognise that they are guests in your home and will be courteous and respectful.