Census and Population Information
The Census is a count of all people and households and is the most complete source of information about the population that we have.
- Rutland's population at the 2011 Census was 37,369. This represents an 8.2% increase from the 2001 Census figure (34,563). Further details are available on the 'Neighbourhood Statistics' page of the Office for National Statistics website.
The Council has prepared documents showing key statistical data for Rutland and population figures for individual parishes and wards:
The National Statistics website provides statistical information for Rutland including:
- Local authority profiles - key statistical data for Rutland allowing comparison with other local authorities and areas .
- Neighbourhood Statistics - data for all topics and smaller areas (enter 'Rutland' or an individual place name or postcode)
- Population Estimates - the latest (mid-2012) population estimate for Rutland issued by the Office for National Statistics is 37,581.
- Population Projections - The latest 2012-based subnational population projections show Rutland’s population rising to 41,000 by 2037.
Household projections on the Department for Communities and Local Government website show the number of households in Rutland rising from 15,000 in 2013 to 17,000 by 2021.