Council Tax & Business Rates E-Billing
The Council is committed to helping the environment and reducing costs by the use of electronic means instead of paper. If you would like to help us with this then why not receive your council tax or business rates bills by email instead of through the post?
What are the benefits?
- You receive your bill as soon as it is available.
- It saves paper so it’s better for the environment.
- It saves printing, sorting, and postage costs.
- Savings are ultimately passed on to Rutland’s residents.
- You can still download and print your bill if you choose to.
- Each person named on the bill can receive their own copy.
How do I receive electronic bills?
- Simply send a message from the email address you would like us to use to email@example.com titled ‘E-Billing’ quoting your name and address or account number.
- If another person is named on your bill and they would like a copy sent to another email address then either include that in your message or ask them to email us separately.
What happens then?
- We will send all future council tax and business rate bills in PDF format to your email address until you tell us to stop.
- Our email will include a link to the latest booklet ‘Living in Rutland’ which provides further information about council tax and other Council services.
- For businesses there will also be a link to information about business rates.
- Please let us know if you change your email address or would like us to use an alternative address.
- You will need to have the latest version of Adobe reader on your PC to enable you to read the contents of the attachment correctly.
To get the latest version of Adobe Reader go to:
Please note: At the next screen, before clicking “Download now” you may wish to untick “Yes, install Chrome as my default browser and Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer - optional”.