Home > Advice and benefits > Asylum and Immigration

Asylum and Immigration 

Asylum seekers

An asylum seeker is someone who has left their own country and is seeking protection in the UK. Under current legislation the council does not have any responsibility for providing housing or financial assistance to asylum seekers. This is the  responsibility of the UK Border  Agency.


Other organisations which may be able to help




    Sorry, feed temporarily unavailable